Radim Kolar hsn
Tue Jul 27 18:21:29 PDT 2004
Master -> Slave 1 -> Slave 2

1. Subscribe slave 1 to master with forward = no
2. Subscribe slave 2 to slave 1 with forward = no
3. make changes on master
/changes are replicated to slave 1 and lost /
4. issue subscribe set (origin = 1, receiver = 2, forward = yes)
5. make another changes on master
6. changes are replicated to slave 2
7. slave 2 is now out of sync from master

good replication system should have guards against this. I can tell
you that this case is a very common mistake of our new slony1 admins.

I have changed subscribe cmd to not allow subscription to slave 1 while slave1
has forwarding turned off.