sarlav kumar sarlavk
Thu Dec 23 17:14:16 PST 2004
Hi All,

I am new to Slony. I am trying to replicate a test database running on a different server to a slave database on a new server. I have dumped the schema of the test database to the slave database where I want to replicate. The Postgres version on the test database is 7.3.2 and the Postgres version on the new server is 7.4.6. I have heard that Slony might not work with 7.3.2, but I just wanted to give it a shot. I tried running the initial script to configure the database connections and the paths, but I got the following error:

<stdin>:21: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR load '$libdir/xxid';  - ERROR:  LOAD: could not open file '$libdir/xxid': No such file or directory
<stdin>:21: Error: the extension for the xxid data type cannot be loaded in database 'dbname=test host=hostname user=username password=pass'

Is this because of the 7.3.2 version of Postgres where the Master DB is running?
Can someone please help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Saranya