Victoria Parsons Victoria.parsons
Wed Aug 4 08:06:57 PDT 2004
Hi,

I was testing what happens when a network connection between master and
slave is broken and I appear to have broken slony. Please help.

On a fresh boot of both computers, no slony is automatically started and a
check of processes shows that there is no slony running. I then try to start
the replication as normal using "slon T12 dbname=usersdb" on each computer.
The output file shows:

FATAL localListenThread: Another slon daemon is serving this node already

This is the same at both ends. The slony program is then locked up and
cannot be killed with a normal kill signal - requires a kill -KILL. I'm
guessing theres some kind of lock file that thinks the daemon is still
running.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Vicki Parsons

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451 and Detica (Rubus) Limited under No: 03361831.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.