Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Wed Oct 24 14:50:29 PDT 2012
On 12-10-23 03:52 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> On 10/19/2012 08:46 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
>> My impression is that failover tends to work pretty well in clusters
>> with a single set and only one provider.  More complicated cluster
>> configurations tended to expose a wider range of issues.  In the work I
>> did for 2.2 I determined that some types of cluster configurations are
>> incompatible with a safe failover.  In 2.2 we introduced a view
>> sl_failover_targets to help with this.
>
> When roughly do you anticipate releasing 2.2?

It kind of depends on when/what feedback we get from people testing 2.2.
  We don't have a target date set at the moment but we consider it
feature complete and are waiting for some confirmations that the major
features we've changed (failover, the new log format + using replica
side apply triggers) tend to work for people.

The other open question is if we have adaquently documented/explained
these changes so when people upgrade they aren't surprised or confused.