Dave Page dpage at pgadmin.org
Mon Nov 12 07:39:51 PST 2012
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim at gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 15:11 +0000, Luiz K.Matsumura wrote:
>> Change get_pid to return the smallest pid
>>
>> get_pid changed to return the smallest pid of processes that match
>> the regex, probably the main proccess
>
> Uh? You changed a behavior based on something "probably"?

I missed any discussion on this as well as the commit itself, so I may
be missing some context... but assuming pids are sequential seems
problematic, particularly on Windows where they may not actually be
assigned sequentially. On *nix of course, the counter can wrap...

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company