David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 16 03:41:22 PST 2012
Hi,

I've got 1 master and 3 slaves. I am using Slony 1.2.22.

We are in Production and for one of the slaves we decided to remove a few tables from replication only on one slave.
So the same tables will be replicated on the two others slaves.

I had a look on Slony documentation at http://slony.info/documentation/1.2/dropthings.html and I came to the conclusion
that it shoud be possible to do it using the "old way"

I mean using sections # 15.4.2 and # 15.5 to do something like BUT ONLY ON THIS SLAVE NOT ON THE TWO OTHER SLAVES

select _slonyschema.alterTableRestore(40); select _slonyschema.tableDropKey(40); delete from _slonyschema.sl_table where tab_id = 40;

We can not drop the set and build the subscription because it takes a lot of time to build subscription for the entire set. We are on production and our clients are connected.

Feel free to tell me if this method is safety.

Thanks.

Kind regards.