Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Wed Jul 6 09:05:33 PDT 2011
At some point, we should run pgindent against the codebase to bring
things back 'within policy' as far as indentation is concerned.

FYI, I have done a "test run" against the present state of master:
  <https://github.com/cbbrowne/slony1-engine/commit/bd2780a48d82563f9dad63c746dc1fb7ae57926e>

I did it based on the latest typedefs in PG HEAD:

postgres at cbbrowne [12:03:41] [~/slony1-engine.github/src] [indent-master *]
-> % for i in */*.c; do
for> pgindent /var/lib/postgresql/postgresql/src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list $i
for> done

slonik/parser.c
Error at 459:
Error at 505:
#if stack overflowUnmatched #endif
slony_logshipper/parser.c
Error at 387:
Error at 433:
#if stack overflowUnmatched #endif%

It induces quite a lot of "churn," which is not something we'd likely
want to do just now, as there are a number of branches where work is
ongoing, and it would decidedly make merging less convenient.

Perhaps we run it as one of the final steps of preparing 2.1?