Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Mon Sep 8 08:00:31 PDT 2008
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> writes:
> We'd put off the issue pending the stabilizing of the matter in 8.4.
> e.g. - if there are about to be *MORE* changes to this, there's no
> point in fixing something that will just break again, particularly
> when 8.4 isn't released.

> Has the API stabilized?  If it has, then we should be in a position to
> address the problem.  If not, then I'm inclined to wait a bit more...

Well, the most likely reason for changing the snapmgr API would be if
Slony were to protest that they couldn't work anymore without access
to an equivalent of SerializableSnapshot.  The longer you wait, though,
the less likely you are to get a warm reception for any complaint.
So I'd advise looking at this sooner rather than later.

			regards, tom lane