Radim Kolar SF.NET hsn at sendmail.cz
Thu Aug 23 01:07:13 PDT 2007
> 1. fetch more than 100 lines at once becase fetching over WAN is slow
>   its easy to compute average line size and then fetch for example +- 1MB
>   of log lines.
drop this idea. right way is to use COPY [query] TO STDOUT instead of fetching
from cursor. slony can autodetect pgsql version and switch to copy if supported.

With my current setup i cant replicated more than ~ 21k changed lines/minute
over WAN due to RTT with default 100 lines fetches. increasing to 1k removed my
problem.