Soni M diptatapa at gmail.com
Sat May 20 02:24:40 PDT 2017
Hello All,

We are in testing of upgrading our system.
Centos 6.5, PG 9.1.21 Slony 2.0.7. PG and Slony from postgres yum repo
We wish to upgrade to Slony 2.2.5 installed from source.

Please note that we upgrad Slony directly from 2.0.7 to 2.2.5 without
upgrading to 2.1.4 first.

The upgrade went well, except it configure the trigger wrong.

On master, It has triggers : logtrigger, truncatedeny, and truncatetrigger
disabled trigger : denyaccess

On slave, It has triggers : denyaccess, truncatedeny, and truncatetrigger
disabled trigger : logtrigger

The slony replica configured based on official doc "replicating your first
database".

How can we get correct triggers when upgrading ?

More details :

pgbench=# \d pgbench_accounts
   Table "public.pgbench_accounts"
  Column  |     Type      | Modifiers
----------+---------------+-----------
 aid      | integer       | not null
 bid      | integer       |
 abalance | integer       |
 filler   | character(84) |
    "pgbench_accounts_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (aid)
Triggers:
    _slony_example_logtrigger AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON
pgbench_accounts FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
_slony_example.logtrigger('_slony_example', '1', 'k')
    _slony_example_truncatedeny BEFORE TRUNCATE ON pgbench_accounts FOR
EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE _slony_example.deny_truncate()
    _slony_example_truncatetrigger BEFORE TRUNCATE ON pgbench_accounts FOR
EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE _slony_example.log_truncate('1')
Disabled triggers:
    _slony_example_denyaccess BEFORE INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON
pgbench_accounts FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
_slony_example.denyaccess('_slony_example')

--
Regards,

Soni Maula Harriz