Steve Singer steve at ssinger.info
Fri Jul 21 18:53:34 PDT 2017
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017, Tignor, Tom wrote:

>                 Hello again, Slony-I community,
>
>                 After our last missing path issue, we’ve taken a new interest in keeping all our path/conninfo
> data up to date. We have a cluster running with 7 nodes. Each has conninfo to all the others, so we expect N=7;
> N*(N-1) = 42 paths. We’re having persistent problems with our paths for node 4. Node 4 itself has fully accurate
> path data. However, all the other nodes have missing or inaccurate data for node-4-client conninfo. Specifically:
> node 1 shows:
>

>                          1 |         4 | <event pending>            |           10
>

>                 For the other five nodes, the node-4-client conninfo is just missing. In other words, there are no
> pa_server=X, pa_client=4 rows in sl_path for these nodes. Again, the node 4 DB itself shows all the paths we
> expect.
>
>                 Does anyone have thoughts on how this is caused and how it could be fixed? Repeated “store path”
> operations all complete without errors but do not change state. Service restarts haven’t worked either.

When you issue a store path command with line client=4 server=X

slonik connects to db4 and
A) updates sl_path
B) creates an event in sl_event of ev_type=STORE_PATH with ev_origin=4

This event then needs to propogate to the other nodes in the network.

When this event propogates to the other nodes then the remoteWorkerThread_4
in each of the other nodes will process this STORE_PATH entry, and you
should see a
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=X pa_client=4

message in each of the other slons.

If this happens you should see the actual path in sl_path.  Since your not I
assume that this isn't happening.

Where on the chain of events are things breaking down?

Do you have other paths from other nodes with  client=[X,Y,Z] server=4

Steve