Sung Hsin Lei sungh.lei at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:34:23 PDT 2015
Hello,

I have a 10gig database on the Master which I backed up and restored on the
Slave. Database activity is low. When I setup Slony replication from the
Master to the Slave, it would take hours before new information from the
Master would be updated into the Slave. Postgres would be also VERY slow
for the first few hours. However, after the initial wait period, the Slave
would update within a second or so and Postgres speed would return to
normal. I'm assuming that Slony is taking time to verify the initial
database integrity between the Master and the Slave. Am i right? I would
like to know if there's a way to have the updates start within the first
few minutes of the original setup.

Thanks.