Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Mon Nov 16 19:52:55 PST 2015
On 11/16/2015 10:32 PM, Armand Pirvu (home) wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please pardon the length of this email but I felt it is best to give a global view
>
> I was looking at slonik for a project.
> All the setup info, tutorials etc etc seems to vary
>
> http://raghavt.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-slony-i-replication-setup.html
> and
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7834
>

> /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/slon_start -c /etc/slony1-94/slon_tools.conf 1  &
> fails to start

I think the config file should be to slon config file not a slon_tools.conf

ie the format is

cluster_name=myrep
pid_file='/opt/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/master_slon.pid'
conn_info='host=localhost dbname=master user=postgres port=5432'

http://www.slony.info/documentation/2.2/runtime-config.html

Or see  slon_node.conf.sample which I think is included with the perl tools