Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Tue Nov 10 05:16:57 PST 2015
Le 10 nov. 2015 2:03 PM, "TOINEL, Ludovic" <ludovic.toinel at capgemini.com> a
écrit :

> Thanks Andrew,
>
> We are not allowed to have network connection from the slaves to the
master (for security constraints). Only master can communicate with slaves.
> We need database on slaves with mix replicates tables and read/write
tables.

> The solution could be maybe that solution using a slony master has an Hot
standby of a master protected somewhere ?

> [slony slaves] <-----> [slony master - Standby node] <----(log
shipping)--|firewall|-- [master protected somewhere]

> Do you think this solution can work with slony ?

This will work as long as you don't try to execute write queries on the
slony master, because it's a standby node and, as such, can only execute
read queries. Meaning I'm wondering why you would use such a scheme.

slony1-general-bounces at lists.slony.info] De la part de Andrew Sullivan
> Envoyé : mardi 10 novembre 2015 12:26
> À : slony1-general at lists.slony.info
> Objet : Re: [Slony1-general] Network connection from slaves to the master
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 09:51:29AM +0000, TOINEL, Ludovic wrote:
> > The network allows only flows from master to slaves.
> >
> > Is there any option that I missed to do that ?
>
> Not really.  In principle you could do this with the log shipping mode,
but I don't recall whether doing that on the master was not possible or
just a really bad idea.  (You could do this with the built-in standby
mechanisms of Postgres, though.