Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Sun Jan 5 11:49:57 PST 2014
On 01/03/2014 02:42 PM, Tory M Blue wrote:

> And since it appears that my index creation is the big time hole, I'm
> going to be testing work mem, by going from 100M to 2GB+ and i'll reduce
> my vacuum processes from 7 to maybe 2 or 3, so I don't blow anything out
> . But you have intrigued me :)

Have you actually confirmed that the index rebuild is what is taking
most of the time?

The other thing you might want to consider is dropping the indexes on
the replica before you start the subscribe set.  Then you can create new
indexes outside of slon after the subscription is done.  If you do it
this way you can create multiple indexes on the table in parallel and
use multiple cores.