Scott Marlowe scott.marlowe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:03:47 PST 2014
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Tory M Blue <tmblue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wondering what settings I need to speed this up. To do a rebuild of a db it
> takes a long time, 6 hours for a singe  table. No I/O issues, no load, just
> slon postgres taking their sweet old time. I would like to use the resources
> available to speed this up.

1: How fast can you scp a file between these two boxes?
2: How far apart are they / is there a lot of latency between them?
3: How fast can you create a good sized file on the slave? (dd
if=/etc/zero of=bigfile bs=1000000 count=1000)

If they are far apart then make sure your slon daemon is running on
the slave not the master. This can make a huge difference.

> #sync_max_rowsize=8192

Try turning this up to 32768 as well.