Stéphane Schildknecht stephane.schildknecht at postgres.fr
Wed Sep 18 00:34:20 PDT 2013
Le 17/09/2013 15:23, Nicolas Frossard a écrit :
> Hello Slony users,
>
> I'm using Slony 2.1.3 and my question is: is it the same to uninstall a node
> using the dedicated Slonik command and simply drop the schema ?
>
> For some reason, I would like to uninstall a node and I can't use Slonik. So
> I'm using 'DROP SCHEMA _blabla CASCADE;' and it seems to work. Is it correct
> or should I avoid that ?
>
> Thanks a lot ! :-)
>
> Nicolas

Hello,

Yes it's correct with this version.
Previous version (1.2 and older) altered the system catalog, and therefore, you
had to restore it before droppping the schema. That was done by the
uninstall_node() procedure.

ISTM the uninstall_node() now just tells you you can drop the schema.

Best regards,

--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone