Nicolas Frossard frossard.nicolas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 07:18:57 PDT 2013
Hello dear Slony-1 users,

I have a simple "one master one slave" scenario but an annoying
requirement: the master and the slave should be able to be configured at
different time, without the other node being necessarily reachable...

For example, the following should be possible:

1- start the master DB (slave DB is not started yet)
2- init cluster/create set (only on the master)
3- start slon process on the master
4- add subscription of slave to the set (only on the master)

... some time later ...

5- start the slave DB
6- init cluster/create set (only on the slave)
7- start slon process on the slave
9- add subscription of slave to the set (only on the slave)

... now the replication is working !

unfortunately, it seems that it is impossible to correctly
initialize/configure one node (the master) and then later the other (the
slave). I have to do it at the same time, and both nodes need to be
reachable.

Is there way to solve this ? I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2 and Slony-1 2.1.3.

Thank you all !
Nicolas