Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Mon Jul 1 09:37:47 PDT 2013
On 07/01/2013 07:42 AM, Raghav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, many thanks for new release of Slony 2.2Beta.

Thanks for trying to test the beta.

> I am testing the new beta, I observed few things and want to know from
> here if am missing anything.
>
> 1. Executing any DDL on replicating table will crash the replication and
> error out as below:
>
> 2013-06-15 12:31:17 IST ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: "insert into
> "public"."stest" ("id","name") values ('1','asdf');
> " ERROR:  column "name" of relation "stest" does not exist

What does your table stest look like on the replica?  Does it have a
column "name" ?

What DDL did you execute and in what order?  If you are adding or
dropping the "name" column then this sounds like a bug, but more details
so we can reproduce this would be helpful.

> LINE 1: insert into "public"."stest" ("id","name") values ('1','asdf...
> 2013-06-15 12:31:17 IST DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_1: cleanup
> 2013-06-15 12:31:17 IST ERROR  remoteWorkerThread_1: SYNC aborted
>
> But the same is not happening in BETA (I have executed ALTER TABLE
> command). Am I missing anything here ?
>
> 2. Does slony archives(slon -a) capture DDL events in .sql file ?

Looking at the code, I *think* the DDL events will show up in the the
.sql files as part of the copy stream, but the apply trigger the
slony1_dump.sh installs on the log shipping node won't process them.
This sounds like a bug/oversight.