Brian Fehrle brianf at consistentstate.com
Fri Sep 28 11:40:02 PDT 2012
On 09/28/2012 09:29 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 12-09-28 11:23 AM, Jan Wieck wrote:
>> On 9/28/2012 9:15 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
>>> * we can't ignore SYNC events even though the dropped
>>> * node is not an origin it might have been an old
>>> * origin before a FAILOVER. Some behind node still
>>> * might need to get caught up from its provider.
>>
>> That assessment is actually wrong. Any data provider as well as the
>> origin will keep the data until all subscribers have confirmed it.
>> Simply changing the data provider of the behind node will be enough to
>> make it catch up from another provider.
>>

> But it can't get caught up if we execute/process a DROP NODE on the
> other provider first which is why the slonik_drop_node can't ignore
> non-sync events when computing the last event id to use for waiting.

Hi Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and delete the offending row in sl_event for the
node that doesn't exist. This is a production environment so I need to
get up and running again.

Is there anything I can provide that could help us dig into this more?
Are we counting this as a bug that may have been fixed in 2.2(haven't
looked at what you mentioned yet Steve)?

Thanks,
- Brian F