Shaun McCloud smccloud at geo-comm.com
Tue Apr 3 10:51:58 PDT 2012
Hello,

I'm wondering if its possible to query any of the databases in my cluster to see when Slony is done replicating changes to a single node.  I was going to use the Acks Outstanding statistic but then realized that the slave nodes that my controller service is waiting to update (and do not have Slony running on) will keep adding to that count.  If there is no statistic to query, is my assumption that tables are replicated in the order they are added to the replication set correct?

As for why I can't just let the changes replicate to all slaves at once, it is because of a no single point of failure for the web app that is reading the replicated data.

Shaun McCloud - Associate Software Developer
Geo-Comm, Inc
601 W. Saint Germain St., Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Office: 320.240.0040 Fax: 320.240.2389 Toll Free: 888.436.2666
click here to visit www.geo-comm.com<http://www.geo-comm.com/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD1198.8E1EB250]<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/geocomm> [cid:image002.jpg at 01CD1198.8E1EB250] <http://twitter.com/_geocomm>
P Think before you print!
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)