Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Tue Oct 18 13:17:00 PDT 2011
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to remove an installation of slony I 2.0 when it was
> compiled from source (ubuntu)  ?
>
> Make uninstall doesn't seem to work.
> It's only a virtual test box, so there is no pain.
> checkinstall might be useful.
>
> So, just checking.. is there a way to uninstall after a
> configure;make;make install ?

We haven't prepared such a make target.

It's an interesting idea, and if there isn't a compelling reason *not*
to do so, perhaps we should consider doing so.  I observe that
PostgreSQL does have a "make uninstall" once you head to its src
directory, so there's certainly a precedent to consider following.

The relevant bits of postgresql src/Makefile
uninstall: uninstall-local

uninstall-local:
        rm -f $(addprefix '$(DESTDIR)$(pgxsdir)/$(subdir)'/,
Makefile.global Makefile.port Makefile.shlib nls-global.mk)