Tim Lloyd tim.lloyd at censornet.com
Sat Mar 26 17:02:58 PDT 2011
It wasn't mission critical changes lost. Postgres log was full of messages saying it couldn't switch the log because it was already in progress. Uptime was showing load averages of 60. Checking sl_log_1 it only had 4 entries. nuking it and re-initing the log switch reduced the load average to between 4 and 12.

That's with 15 slaves to one master!