Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri Mar 18 06:35:49 PDT 2011
On 11-03-03 01:59 PM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:

>> Everytime I try to do a MinGW build I wonder if I shouldn't just bite
>> the bullet and write a parallel set of nmake files so we can do a VC
>> build. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?
> Yes thats a good idea.

I have a set of changes that get 2.0 to compile (slon and slonik) under
VC.   However slon isn't yet working for me.  I'm not sure if I'm just
not setting slon up as a service properly or if it is an issue with
compiler flags or if my chances make slon crash (or all three).

My work so far is at

https://github.com/ssinger/slony1-engine/tree/REL_2_0_STABLE_visualc

There is a win32.mak file in src/slonik and src/slon.  You must
a) Have pthreads-win32 installed
b) You might need to edit some paths in the two makefiles

I haven't yet looked at the shared library in src/backend or the
log_shipper utility program.