"Stéphane A. Schildknecht" stephane.schildknecht at postgresql.fr
Wed Mar 16 08:02:27 PDT 2011
Le 16/03/2011 15:31, Martín Marqués a écrit :
> I'm about to start a project that will need to have 2 servers synced.
>
> The problem is that one server receives modification for some tables
> (that don't get modified on the other server), and the other server
> gets modification for other tables.

You just have to create two sets, each one originating from one node, and
propagating to the other one.

> Is it possible to have two slon processes synchronizing changes from
> one server to the other?

In fact, it is the same replication daemon that will propagate the events. Then
you just have to settle one replication.

> The other thing is that the servers will be in buildings far away, but
> on a 1Gig FO network. Downtime could appear if there is a FO cut,
> which could take some hours to bring up.
>
> Is this scenario possible?

Yes, but sometimes Slony won't be able to automatically reconnect to the nodes.
(Issue seems to have appeared on 2.0 branch).

Regards,
--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Loxodata - http://loxodata.com