Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Wed Mar 16 04:51:07 PDT 2011
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Tore Halvorsen
<tore.halvorsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does there exist a way to safely (and manually) reshaping the
> replication with slony 2.0.4?
>
> E.g. right now the replication is A->B->C and I want to transform it
> into A->B, A->C.
>
> Could I lock a set, stop slon, manually modify some sl_* tables and
> restart for example?
>

> I'm aware that this is fixed in 2.0.6, but I'm on windows, and the
> binary package is stuck at version 2.0.4.

This sounds like the functionality that's been there since the very
beginning (e.g. - version 1.0)...

You should just need to submit a slonik script consisting of a
SUBSCRIBE SET request where you tell node C to use A as its provider.

That is, the one "active" line of configuration would be:

subscribe set (id=1, provider=1, receiver=3, forward=yes);

### assuming:
#  The set is #1
#  Node "A" is numbered #1
#  Node "C" is numbered #3

Change as those assumptions mayn't match your exact configuration...

No need to interrupt anything, or to manually mangle configuration.
And no need to touch node "B" - it's subscribing appropriately
already.