Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 06:14:49 PDT 2011
On 5/26/2011 3:34 AM, Mark Mielke wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I've attached a patch against Slony-I 2.0.4 that we are currently using
> to allow our PostgreSQL 8.4.8 + Slony-I 2.0.4 work properly with
> EnterpriseDB 8.4.7.20 + EnterpriseDB's version of Slony-I 2.0.4. Please
> take a look and see whether you agree that this should be incorporated
> up stream.

After discussion with Chris and Steve I have committed this change to
2.0 STABLE as well as master (current 2.1 BETA). It seems safe enough.

Greg's suggestion to just look for three numbers in the string involves
a bit more dramatic changes because that may require moving from
sscanf() to using regular expressions. A change we should consider for
2.2, but definitely nothing we want to back patch into 2.0.

Jan