Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jan 5 14:36:41 PST 2011
Raymond O'Donnell <rod at iol.ie> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm playing with Slony 2.0.4 on my Windows 7 laptop, trying to replicate
> a toy database. I've been using the Slonik scripts in the docs as a
> model. When I execute the script to start replication (see below), I get
> the following message:
>
> c:\test-slony>slonik start.slonik
> start.slonik:27: NOTICE:  subscribe set: omit_copy=f
> start.slonik:27: NOTICE:  subscribe set: omit_copy=f
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  "_test_cluster".subscribeSet_int( $1 ,
> $2 ,  $3 ,  $4 ,  $5 )"
> PL/pgSQL function "subscribeset" line 68 at PERFORM
>

> I don't know if this is an error or not, but data seems to be getting
> replicated from the master to the slave database. Here's the script -
> line 27 is the "subscribe set" command:

It's not an error; it's debugging output that I had in the code when
working on the "OMIT COPY" feature.

Because people have gotten confused about this, I removed it from the
2.0 branch:
   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=slony1-engine.git;a=commit;h=f6deeb815d2739100bebd6a709b79b641a481387

You may safely ignore these NOTICE statements.  Once version 2.0.7 is
released, these debugging statements will not get generated anymore.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ca.afilias.info")
Christopher Browne