Tech Madhu technimadhu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:52:03 PST 2011
Thanks for your reply.

if the orig master is down say due to some hardware issue (for few
hours/days say), we have to get the system on the slave up (we accept the
loss of some N txn)

In this case, Is the following pseudcode correct. Assuming before crash of
master, my master was node:1 and slave node:2
   On the slave (node 2),
          a) i run failover command (failover (id=1, backup node = 2)
          b) Run drop node command of node (1)
   When the orig master is ready to be brought back in service can i re-use
the node (1) for it?
   if so , is it enough to run just the following 2 commands on the original
master
       store node (id = 1, event node = 2);
       store path (server=2, client=1, conninfo='connection info to node2')