Christopher Browne cbbrowne at afilias.info
Fri Aug 5 14:49:09 PDT 2011
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> On 11-08-05 04:38 PM, Rene Romero Benavides wrote:
>> Hello everybody and greetings from México City.
>>
>> *slony version: 2.0.7 with postgresql 9.0.4 running on debian squeeze
>> (and same issue arises with opensuse 11.04)*
>> I get the following message when trying to subscribe a node to a
>> replication set:
>>
>> *<stdin>:4: row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
>> Segmentation fault*
>>

> I don't see a 'create set(....)'  slonik command anywhere in the below
> output.  The altperl script slonik_create_set command generates this.
> Did you forget to run it befure you tried subscribing?
>
> (if this is the case and slonik is generating a segmentation fault
> instead of a useful error message then that is a bug)

I don't think I'd call this a *severe* bug, but it seems to me that
"row number 0 is out of range..." isn't quite the most intuitive error
message of all time.

That's presumably taking place somewhere inside the Postgres "stack",
as that description isn't found anywhere in the Slony code base.

If we can get a stack trace from the Postgres logs indicating
specifically where it was executing when this happened, it might be
possible to toss in a more descriptive error message, presumably
somewhere in the subscribe set code.