Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 20 07:47:00 PDT 2011
As discussed on-list a month or two ago I've been working on getting
Slony 2.0.7 to again build on MS-Windows, this time using the Microsoft
compiler (no mingw).

I think this is now in a usable state.

You can get the code at

https://github.com/ssinger/slony1-engine/tree/REL_2_0_STABLE_visualc

To build it

1) You will need to generate the lexer and parser output files on your
own (either on a unix system and copy them over, or by hand).  Since we
include these in release .tar files I don't see this as an issue

2) Edit the paths to your postgresql + pthread installations in
src/slon/win32.mak src/slonik/win32.mak src/backend/win32.mak.    (I am
NOT using ./configure for these builds, settings are in a config_msvc.h
file and in the nmake makefiles)

3) Run
cd src\slonik\win32.mak
nmake -f win32.mak slonik.exe
cd ..\backend
nmake -f win32.mak slony1_funcs.dll
cd ..\slon
nmake -f win32.mak slon.exe

I would appreciate it if Sachin could test this out and determine if he
can build slony to distribute with StackBuilder.

I would also appreciate it if someone could test a configure based mingw
build to see if I've broken anything that worked in mingw before these
changes.

I would also appreciate it if someone could try this out on a 64 bit
windows system with a 64 bit postgresql.

If I get some positive test reports we can discuss if these changes are
suitable for merging into 2.0 for 2.0.7 or if I should just put them
onto the 2.1 branch.