Vick Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Sep 24 09:35:23 PDT 2010
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> 2.0.4 should work with 9.0.  A decent amount of the testing I did in
> getting ready for 2.0.5 was against beta version of 9.0 (and I don't see
> any fixes for 9.0 stuff that went into 2.0.5 above what was already in
> 2.0.4).  The 8.4 version of the backend functions seem to work okay
> on 9.0.
>
> But please report any problems you encounter.

Earlier today I was looking into moving some test servers to 9.0 to
validate my app against it.  I was reading the slony docs and nowhere
in the system requirements page does it say what versions of postgres
are supported.  Seems to be a rather important detail :)  I gleaned
from the recent history items on the slony.info page that 1.2.21 does
support 9.0, which was sufficient for my needs.

Also, the docs indicate that slony is tested against FreeBSD versions
4, 5, and 6.  All of these are EOL.  I personally test and run it on
FreeBSD 7 and 8, and probably not 7 for much longer.