Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu Sep 9 08:13:17 PDT 2010
On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 04:02:37PM +0200, Ulas Albayrak wrote:

> installing the new. Setting up a testing environment will be quite a
> big job though, what's the worst thing that can happen if I decide to
> update the live system straight away without testing first? Could it
> interfere with postgresql?

The worst thing that can ever happen when you test in production is
that you will screw up, destroy all your data, be unable to recover,
and get fired.  If that risk is acceptable to you, then try it in
production first.  Why you need to have a replica of your database,
however, if you feel that relaxed about the value of your data is a
little beyond me.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca