Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Nov 16 07:54:07 PST 2010
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:35:42AM -0700, Brian Hirt wrote:

> I'm glad you got it figured out.  It seems strange that with two identical machines the slave would fall behind to quickly and dramatically.  Is it expected that slaves require better hardware to keep up?  Just curious...

IME, they often do.  The problem is that the master gets the
transactions retail, and the slave gets them in largeish chunks.
There's overhead in managing the additional work in getting things to
the targets, too.

Also, often you can solve some of this with tuning of the slave.
Because its transaction profile is not exactly the same as the master,
you can sometimes find that settings on the master don't work well for
a slave.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca