Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Fri May 28 11:55:19 PDT 2010
Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> Does this include the patches to fix memory-leak, sent recently by
> Ulrich Weber?

It does not.

The memory corruption issue that appeared in 2.0.3 was caused by an
attempt to fix memory leak issues that were a placed a bit too early in
the code (that particular leak was fixed with the fix that was included
in 2.0.3) so I'm a bit uneasy about trying to push more memory leak
fixes into this release.

My inclination is to commit those to the 2.0 branch just after we
release 2.0.4 so they'd be included in 2.0.5 so they'd be able to sit in
cvs a bit longer (and have the benefit of more of the automated tests we
are working on being finished)

Having said that, if the user community thinks they should be included
in 2.0.4 I'm open to arguments.

Particularly if

A) Some people have already been using/testing these fixes against the
2.0 branch and are reporting success

B) People are finding these memory leaks a big deal vs a minor annoyance.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada