Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed May 12 09:10:08 PDT 2010
sowjanya v <sowjuec at gmail.com> writes:
> I am not able create replication set for a table not having private key. Is
> there anything that can be done?

Yes, you can replicate it once you add a primary key to the table.

Ideally it should be well and truly a primary key:

  alter table my_table add primary key(some_column);

It is quite acceptable for it to be a candidate primary key (e.g. - a
unique index defined on columns defined as NOT NULL).

If you haven't got any of the above, then you cannot replicate the
table.

Period.

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, there used to be a "TABLE ADD KEY"
command in Slony-I, but that is widely considered a misfeature, and has
therefore been removed from modern versions.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")
Christopher Browne