Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Thu Mar 25 11:39:07 PDT 2010
Thanks all for your help! :-)

I ended up dropping the replication and manually recuperate. I was surprised
by a few discrepancies between the two databases (triggers in the master
that were not replicated) and a few problems with meta data that were not in
the replication set anyway. Plus, pressure to restore...

I took the easy way out and did it manually because I knew what to do.

On the other hand, there were hard lessons learned. First, if I'm going to
replicate I will now replicate everything. Things change; even those things
that aren't supposed to. Second, there is absolutely no excuse for not
simulating problems and be prepared. I should have been prepared for
something like that, but four years without a glitch dulls the senses. :-)

Thanks again!

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>