Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Jun 15 10:34:33 PDT 2010
Hernan Saltiel <hsaltiel at gmail.com> writes:
> We're working to insert massive records, almos 1 millon in a single batch.
> This is why I'm concerned about performance issues.

OK, that certainly provides some indication of why you'd observe
things getting pretty "bloated," and that points the focus towards
your system being just plain overloaded, and away from VACUUMs or
other oddities.

You should see that either:

a) The slon from the subscriber has a connection against the provider
that is totally busy pulling large masses of data from the provider,
or

b) The connection from the subscriber-managing slon process has a
connection to the subscriber that is totally busy submitting
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE requests.

If things are behaving well, then one of those two connections should
be the dominant bottleneck, busy all the time.  And improving the
speed of that would be the appropriate focus of efforts.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>