Scott Marlowe scott.marlowe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:01:50 PDT 2010
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Dhaval Jaiswal
<bablu_postgres at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am working on PostgreSQL 8.0.2. with slony I.
>
> Whenever there is a update, insert, delete happened on primary it will take
> some time to replicate the same on slave. We came to know about this using
> sl_status table, where its lagging time showing 1 hr or 2 hrs. However,
> sl_confirm table shows last replicated events is before 5 mins.
> We have also seen there is vacuum analyze running on replications schema.

Happens to me when there's too much IO for my hardware (which is quite
a bit on my hardware).

> Can someone point me where should i look into and how to improve replication
> performance.

More / faster drives and controllers.

> As of now there is no chance for upgradation of version.

That would be the first thing I'd recommend.  Since you can't do it,
you're gonna have to have faster hardware, specifically the IO
subsystem.