Dhaval Jaiswal bablu_postgres at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 08:56:16 PDT 2010
I am working on PostgreSQL 8.0.2. with slony I.

Whenever there is a update, insert, delete happened on primary it will take some time to replicate the same on slave. We came to know about this using sl_status table, where its lagging time showing 1 hr or 2 hrs. However, sl_confirm table shows last replicated events is before 5 mins.
We have also seen there is vacuum analyze running on replications schema.

Can someone point me where should i look into and how to improve replication performance.

As of now there is no chance for upgradation of version.

--
Dj