Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Tue Feb 23 00:09:49 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Brad Nicholson <bnichols at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 10:54 +0700, stuart at stuartbishop.net wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to get what information I can from Slony about current database write activity, in particular frequency of updates per table to help track down which parts of this chaotic collection of components I help run are chewing up the most resources.
>

> Why don't you use the pg_stat_* and pg_statio_* tables in Postgres?

The slony information is interesting as I don't need to take 60 seconds to get a 60 second delta, which would let me serve these stats from a web application without some daemon in the background constantly refreshing a cache. I'm just exploring at this stage anyway.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/