Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Feb 11 14:40:29 PST 2010
Brad Nicholson <bnichols at ca.afilias.info> writes:
> On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 16:50 -0800, Tory M Blue wrote:
>> Understood, but this works in a similar configuration now. The script
>> starts by dropping the slon schema, than sets paths, listeners, than
>> sets some other information (priviledges etc). Then I start slon on
>> all nodes and things start to replicate. I've never had slon running
>> when I run this prepare script. Just wondering if it's something
>> different now that I'm trying to use a slave as the provider for a
>> query server, vs having all servers hit masternode (origin) directly.
>> That could be the issue I guess.
>

> There probably should be a check in the subscribe set slonik command to
> ensure that the provider is subscribed and an active forwarder before
> accepting the event.

There is such a check (at least in 1.2 and 2.0).

And that's what led to the error message

   "ERROR: Slony-I: subscribeset(): provider 2 is not an active
   forwarding node for replication set 1"

The *other* trouble comes if the script that's controlling the slonik
stuff doesn't react to this usefully :-(.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ca.afilias.info';
Christopher Browne