Steve Singer ssinger at ca.afilias.info
Mon Aug 23 12:42:53 PDT 2010
Guy Helmer wrote:
> I'm seeing something odd occasionally on a fairly new slony1 (1.2.20) replication set involving one slave.  At times, the application inserts a record to a particular table, updates the record several times, and then deletes the record, sometimes in a fairly quick succession (but not always).
>
> When I run the test-slony-state script, sometimes I find that the replication is failing, and when I look deeper, I find that Slony is having trouble replicating the changes to this table because of rows in the slave table that shouldn't be there.  After I manually remove the conflicting rows, Slony is then able to finish the backlogged replication.
>
> Is there anything in particular I should look for in the log file prior to this problem?

Shortly after the problem happens your going to want to look at sl_log_1
  sl_log_2 and sl_event to figure out what was going on.

You want to find the what sync the delete should have been part of, and
what sync the failing insert was part of and try to figure out why the
delete wasn't applied to the slave by the time it tried the insert.

You would also want to look at the logs slon generates to see if that
sync did get applied and look in sl_confirm to verify that.

Honestly I am somewhat suspect that something else isn't going on I find
your description somewhat hard reconcile with how things work.

> Guy
>
> --------
> This message has been scanned by ComplianceSafe, powered by Palisade's PacketSure.

Steve Singer
Afilias Canada
Data Services Developer
416-673-1142