Guy Helmer guy.helmer at palisadesystems.com
Thu Aug 19 14:45:39 PDT 2010
I'm seeing something odd occasionally on a fairly new slony1 (1.2.20) replication set involving one slave.  At times, the application inserts a record to a particular table, updates the record several times, and then deletes the record, sometimes in a fairly quick succession (but not always).

When I run the test-slony-state script, sometimes I find that the replication is failing, and when I look deeper, I find that Slony is having trouble replicating the changes to this table because of rows in the slave table that shouldn't be there.  After I manually remove the conflicting rows, Slony is then able to finish the backlogged replication.

Is there anything in particular I should look for in the log file prior to this problem?

Guy

--------
This message has been scanned by ComplianceSafe, powered by Palisade's PacketSure.