Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 21:38:10 PDT 2010
Hopefully this is not a brain dead question.

I would like to know how to verify that my slaves have their full triggers?

I have cause to want to know if my triggers are actually present on my
slave nodes. Obviously with Slony, my slaves have their triggers
suppressed, however without the triggers (on the insert node)  my
applications break. Now I've had issues in the past where manual drops
of the Slony schema have removed said triggers and I didn't catch it
before it was too late (I'm no longer manually just dropping the
schema!).

However as I said if I was to do a switchover/failover my Slave could
or possibly could not have the triggers. I need to verify without
dropping / importing etc.

I've looked into pg_trigger and can find some of my triggers but
wondered if there was a cleaner more straightforward way?

"Slony-I hides triggers (save for those "unhidden" via SLONIK STORE
TRIGGER) by repointing them to the primary key of the table. In the
case of foreign key triggers, or other triggers used to do data
validation, it should be quite unnecessary to run them on a
subscriber, as equivalent triggers should have been invoked on the
origin node."

So is there a "doh Tory", or even something a bit complicated that I
could deploy to be certain that my slave is ready to handle the master
role?

Thanks
tory