Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 7 09:40:07 PDT 2010
Ben Chobot <bench at silentmedia.com> writes:
> On Apr 6, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Ben Chobot wrote:
>
>> In our maintenance today we managed to confuse slony 1.2.20 by adding and dropping nodes. Now, sl_status shows nodes we have deleted, while sl_node correctly shows those nodes as gone.
>>
>> Any advice on how to clean up slony's config? The nodes in sl_node seem to be replicating correctly.... it's just a matter of removing all references to the deleted ones.
>
> Actually, it seems that after an hour or so slony is no longer confused, which leaves me confused. :(
>
> Why might slony be in such an apparently (but not really?) inconsistent state?

The table "sl_event" still contained events referring to the old
configuration of the cluster, for a period of time.

Once a run of the cleanup thread completed, probably 10-20 minutes
later, those events got trimmed out "en masse," which unconfused the
view.

Slony-I wasn't confused - it's just the view that confused you :-).
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
Christopher Browne