Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 4 09:02:17 PDT 2010
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Well, the limitation was understandable when PostgreSQL didn't have
> TRUNCATE trigger. Now that it has (8.4 new capacity), it should probably
> get added to Slony.

Slony 2.0.x currently also supports 8.3.  Is the thinking that if you
compile against 8.4 truncate commands would be replicated but if your
against 8.3 they won't by virtue of the trigger not firing?  I see some
appeal to this but supporting different feature sets against different pg
versions does make maintenance/testing a bit more difficult going forward.

Steve