Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Wed Sep 30 06:51:22 PDT 2009
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 08:15:28AM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

> Again, I don't think the Slony-II project is viable any more.  A google
> search doesn't turn up anything about it any more.

Well, at the very least one of the primary sponsors of the work is no
longer doing anything with it (I know because I was the person who had
finally to tell my superiors we were killing the effort), because it
was impossible to make the system work reliably with anything like the
resource consumption needed.  Practically speaking, it looked to me
like the overhead would consume any advantages as soon as you added 3
nodes.  This was not the biggest problem, but it was the one that
convinced me we were wasting Jan's efforts.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at crankycanuck.ca