Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 01:40:23 PDT 2009
--- On Wed, 30/9/09, roctaiwan <nettreeinc at gmail.com> wrote:

> first, I don't think I had turn on WAL. The #archive_mode
> parameter has not
> been turned on. Unless it's on naturally by this is how
> postgresql should
> behave.
> second, how much space is big enough to handle 10M inserts?
> I have 6.4GB
> available right now.

Nope, that parameter is for WAL archiving hence the name "archive_mode". WAL is the underpinnings of the transaction system, if you have corrupt/missing WAL then your fudged.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/wal-intro.html

The top and bottom of it is you need enough disk space to accomodate the growth of the WAL.

As the others have said, you really need to start reading the postgres docs, and get youself some omre disk space.

Glyn