Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Nov 23 09:27:31 PST 2009
Melvin Davidson <melvin6925 at yahoo.com> writes:
> We are looking to migrate our database from PostgreSQL 8.1 on
> Release:        6.06
> Codename:       dapper
>
> However, there does not appear to be any deb packages for Slony on that Ubuntu
> release,
> and we are prohibited from doing a source compile due to company policy.
>
> Does anyone have an alternative solution for installing Slony on Ubuntu 6.06.2
> LTS ?

I'd expect that nothing we might offer would represent anything other
than a deceptive circumlocution.

If you are only allowed to use packages that are part of the Ubuntu
6.06.2 release, and there is no Slony-I package, then I don't think
anyone is likely to be able to do anything that wouldn't amount to
deception.

If you're not allowed to do source compiles, I wouldn't think that it
would be any more permissible to have someone else do it for you.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
Christopher Browne